Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India. Voter ID card is the mandatory identity card for Indian citizens eligible to vote. Now all Indians eligible for voter ID cards can apply online via NATIONAL VOTERS SERVICES PORTAL. Previously only it was possible offline. Now we can apply Voter ID online by submitting all documents online, no offline documentation required. Today we will see how to apply Voter ID online. We will also discuss what is the eligibility and documents required for the Voter ID application online.
Importance of a Voter ID Card:
- Voter ID card is a valid identity proof issued by a government authority that can be used as an identity proof or address proof all across India.
- During election Voter ID is mandatory for cast vote, no other government issue ID card can not be used for voting.
- Voter ID is mandatory to get registered in the electoral roll of a non-domicile state.
Voter ID Card Eligibility criteria:
You should be an Indian citizen with a minimum legal age of 18 years and must have a permanent address.
Documents Required for Voter ID Card:
b. Proof of address/ Proof of identity
- Indian Passport
- Driving licenses
- Bank / Kisan/ Post office current passbook
- Ration Card
- Income tax assessment order
- Rent agreement
- Water bill
- Telephone bill
- Electricity bill
- Gas connection bill
- Post, latter, mail delivered through Indian Post
c. Age Proof:
- Birth certificate
- Marksheet of class 10, 8 or 5
- Indian Passport
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhar letter issued by UIDAI
How to Apply for a Voter ID Card Online?
- Go to https://www.nvsp.in/
- If a new user registers using your mobile no and OTP.
- To apply new voter ID click on “I don’t have EPIC number”/ To make a correction on existing voter ID details click on “I have EPIC number”.
- Fill all required fields in the above picture and Register.
- Login Using your username and password.
- Click on fresh enrolment.
- Select I reside in Indian and select state.
- Fill details address. Give your input in English and same will reflect in regional language in regional language automatically
- Upload address proof (jpg or jpeg format 2 MB), the family EPIC number is optional (If you don’t have family EPIC number keep it blank).
- Input your birth details
- Upload age proof (jpg or jpeg format 2 MB).
- Download age declaration form, fill the form, and upload (jpg or jpeg format 2 MB).
- Select your assembly constituency.
- Fill your personal details and your father/mother/husband details.
- Upload your photograph (jpg or jpeg format 2 MB).
- Fill declaration details and do next.
- Check details on the preview page if any correction goes back and makes the change.
- Submit your application get the reference ID
- Use reference ID in NVSP to track voter id application status
Voter ID Application Status:
Voter ID application status can be checked in the NVSP portal. You must use reference ID generated at the time of application to check Voter ID application status or voter id track.
I think now you know how to apply Voter ID online. If you are facing any issue, please comment us below we will try to help you.
If you want to know how to invest in National Pension System via mobile app, please check our article on “NPS (National Pension System) account opening online via NPS App”.